Things you should do...
- Respect everyone, we're all here because we have something in common.
- Be polite and welcoming to new users. We were all new once.
- Ask for help and provide assistance to others when possible.
- Offer constructive criticism or voice a dissenting opinion, but don't be mean or disrespectful.
- Feel free to use use Emoji (Emoticons) to convey the tone of your message.
- Lead by example. Treat others even better than you expect to be treated yourself and the discussions become a better place for everyone.
Things you should not do...
- Do not share or ask for links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
- Do not share any NSFW* content (e.g. links, images, text etc.) on your profile, comments or in forum discussions.
- Trolling, abuse, flaming and/or harassment (e.g. personal attacks, name-calling and/or insulting/ridiculing another user) are uncalled for and will not be tolerated. Have discussions based on well-formulated arguments.
- Do not post spam** or advertisements on SHDB.
- Double posting is frowned upon. Please edit your first post unless a second post is absolutely necessary.
- Impersonating another user of SHDB by copying their name and/or avatar is not allowed. Just be your charming self.
- Don’t discuss real life politics and religion.
General site rules
Offensive or distasteful usernames are unnecessary and will either be changed or banned. One account per person is enough. Multiples are unnecessary and will be banned and/or removed. But most importantly; "Be nice or go home!”
[*] Content that might be considered offensive or too sexually explicit for the wide range of age groups within the SHDb user base. This includes, but is not limited to: erotic (e.g. nudity, implied sexual acts), excessively violent (e.g. gore, torture), bigoted (irrationally hateful content aimed at, or relating to, a group or individual) and harmful (e.g. those flashing seizure images) content.
[**] Content lacking any purpose or relevance whatsoever; off-topic posts that derail a thread from its original topic.